Here you will get a general overview of the Dragon1 structure and features necessary to manage various settings. Everything to get started and create your first content.
Quick Reference Most Popular Tasks
In order not to waste time from you, here is quick reference list of most popular tasks on Dragon1:
- EA Repository - How to enter and manage architecture artifacts in the repository
- Blueprint Templates - How to configure and make use of templates
- Architecture References - How to use Off The Shelf reference architectures
- Governance Processes, Principles and Standards - How to quickly get a list of the existing governance processes, principles and standards from the repository
The Dragon1 menus and applications give you easy access to key features.
Every application screen contains:
- The major navigation menu on the left
- Generic menu items on top with a help bar and application mode
- Optionally: An application specific toolbar below that
- A body part containing the application functionality and showing your data
Tip: discover the application in Beginner mode for the first two or three sessions.
Screenshot Digital Workplace Dashboard.
You can collapse the left bar with the arrow at the left bottom.
You can switch application modes just by clicking on the button in the top bar.
You can get help with any feature, menu item or architecture topic by looking it up in the help.
Some Important Menu Items
Workplace > Dashboard: This is your start screen in Dragon1, where you see what your work is and what you have done. It is your switching board or jump panel to the rest of the application.
Workplace > Trial Support Program: A guided way to create quality content of added business value in only 10 click.
Workplace > On Boarding: If you like, you can on board your self.
Collaboration > Data Dashboard: By popular demand we made it more it easy to enter and manage data on Dragon1 and have an progress overview of it. Click on an entity class on the dashboard and start entering and editing data right away.
Viewer: Access all your published atlases, models and visualizations in a great way. And click on a visualization to get an realtime generated interactive version of it.
Architecture Repository: Provides you full control access over all your data. This application is more complex than the data dashboard and is for advanced users.
Visual Designer: Draw models, views, visualization and relationships.
Import: This provides you with great data import features. Use your XML, Excel Sheets, JSON and CSV files.
Business Analyzer: This is the reporting application on Dragon1. Note: in the Viewer and Data Dashboard you can also do visual reporting.
Search: This is the enterprise search application. Anything you entered on Dragon1, you can find back here.
Setup your Dashboard
Dragon1 provides you with an out of the box dashboard with many widgets. Every widget you can switch on or off, link to your own data and customize it appearance.
To setup your dashboard, login and go to www.dragon1.com/settings.
Read more on setting up your dashboard in the Administration Guide.
Setup your User Profile
You can setup your user profile and company profile.
To setup your profile, login and go to www.dragon1.com/settings/user
Screenshot User Profile Setup in Workplace.
Reset your Password
To reset your password, go to www.dragon1.com/reset.
Screenshot Reset Password in Workplace.
Getting acquainted with a new platform can be overwhelming or even intimidating. There we have listed here the most common tasks done on Dragon1.
The most common tasks are:
- Setup an initial repository and enter some data
- Build a model, view or diagram
- Compare models with best practices and reference models on compliance
- Manage a project
- Create a current state and future state architecture and compare these
- Build reports
- Collaborate on data, models and visualizations of concepts, designs, solutions, scenarios, road maps, blueprints, landscapes and prototypes
- Make content interactive and publish content in a channel
- Have other people review and comment on your private content
- Manage tasks and send messages
- Setup a profile and portfolio, link your content or write a blog
On the Help System we will explain in detail how these tasks can be executed by you.
Besides building diagrams, there are many more things you can do on the Dragon1 platform. But these are more complex tasks. These tasks are explained as well on the help pages, but these are not the first things you should do to get started.
Dragon1 Web Applications and Features
Dragon1 is a suite of web applications tailored for creating and managing your projects, models, views and diagrams. In the help section "Applications" and "Features" we guide you through the various web applications and features.
- Architecture Repository
- Visual Designer
- Dynamic Views
- Working With Profiles
- Publishing Content
Building a diagram in the Visual Designer
Building a diagram in the Visual Designer will be your first content creation task. You will learn how to build a model, create a view as a filter on top of it, and how to draw or generate a view on a visualization canvas.
Here is an overview of the tutorials on the Dragon1 Help System. The tutorials are from the field of work 'Enterprise Architecture'.
- Create a Basic Architecture Diagram
- Create A Flowchart Diagram
- Create A BPMN Diagram
- Create A Process Application Landscape Poster
- Create An Enterprise Architecture Blueprint - Big Five #1
- Create A Dragon1 Architecture Diagram
- Create A System Landscape Diagram
- Create An IT Infrastructure Architecture Blueprint
You can also get started by following the Step by Step guide.
Are you ready to start your journey?
Well then Jump Right In to learn all about how to build your first diagram.