Dynamic Views for Enterprise ArchitectureAlways your data up to date in your created products with the unique feature Dynamic Views.
What are Dynamic Views?
Dynamic Views are 'filters' on top of your data in a model or folder in your repository. The moment the data changes in the repository, the visualization or diagram is automatically updated. In that way your stakeholders always have views that are always up-to-date and usable.
Here are three examples on creating and configuring a view:
Organizations today are changing very fast. A lot of projects are introducing new or changed products, services, processes and applications every day, week, or month.
With enterprise architecture you want to keep an overview of it all to control the risks. So you create for instance a process landscape, application landscape or even a combination of these two a process-application landscape.
But because your organization changes very fast, it would require you to update the visualizations very frequently. This is time-consuming.
What you want is that if the situation in your organization changes and the data in your systems change because of that, also the landscape visualizations of your enterprise architecture change. Now with Dragon1 Dynamic Views, this is possible because they are created as a feature just for that goal.
Using the dynamic views you are on the one hand much more productive because you can create new updated versions of landscapes in no time. And you can lower costs and manage risks in projects much better because you have the landscapes updated available at any time to support your strategic decision making and take the right decisions.
Increase your Productivity
Your productivity with enterprise architecture using Dragon1 Dynamic Views will change from for instance creating and updating an architecture landscape overview every month a couple of days, to every week a couple of hours.
Lower Costs and Control Risks in Projects
You will lower your costs using Dragon1 Dynamic Views and control risks in projects better because you constantly have an overview of dependencies and interrelationships with the updated landscapes and can quickly do impacts of change analyses. These overviews support you in your decision-making and enable you to make high-impact strategic decisions.
How do Dynamic Views Work?
On the Dragon1 platform you can create dynamic views in four or five steps.
The steps are:
- Step 1: You enter data items manually or via (scheduled) file import, like processes and applications, in the Architecture Repository
- Step 2 (Optional): You create a model of the data in the architecture repository by creating relationships between the data items.
- Step 3: You create a view on top of the model or folder in the architecture repository to filter data items for a certain viewpoint of a stakeholder
- Step 4 (Optional): You can edit a built in visualization template in the Visual Designer or create a complete new one if you like. We have a set of architecture templates available for you on Dragon1 PRO and Dragon1 ENTERPRISE, called the Big Five: An Enterprise Architecture Overview Governance, Business, Information and Technology.
- Step 5 (Optional): You link the view to the visualization template in the architecture repository and in the content viewer the visualization shows the data items that are let through by the view.
Dynamic View Scenarios
On this page we provide you with some dynamic view scenario's.
- Scenario 1 - View all items from a folder in a block
- Scenario 2 - Hub-and-Spoke-View View model entities in a circle. Showing only all the entities of 1 class related to one other entity of another class. Also called a Hub-And-Spoke-Model.
- Scenario 3 - Dependency View
- Scenario 4 - Grouping View
- Scenario 5 - Layered View
- Scenario 6 - Status/Progress View
- Scenario 7 - Compliance View
- Scenario 8 - Missing Data View
- Scenario 9 - List View
- Scenario 10 - Cross Reference Matrix
- Scenario 11 - Enterprise Architecture Blueprint
- Scenario 12 - 3D Layer View
Every scenario consists of three screens: data, setup and result.
Dynamic View Scenario 1 - View All Items from a Folder in a Block
To set up a dynamic view you need to have data like in the screenshot below:
Set up the data for the dynamic view.
Next, you create a visualization item in a folder in the Repository application.
Then, you place a shape on the canvas in the Visual Designer. Next, you enter four fields as data to the shape. Use the right mouse click.
Click on the 'View Data' button to see your dynamic view.
When the data in the repository changes, this view will also change.
If you press 'Save', the generated items will not be saved.
If you press the 'Clear View' button, the generated items will be removed.
Are you interested in Dragon1 to use Dynamic Views?
The Dynamic Views feature is available in Dragon1 PRO edition.