How to Design Enterprise Architecture
NEW DEMO: You can create a Process Application Landscape via a JSON:API.
Enterprise Architecture is a complete science and profession of its own. Still, the enterprise architecture field is young, so for most of us, it is all new. Beneath you will find a list of 'How To' step by step tutorials to create effective and visual and interactive architecture products.
When you are busy with Enterprise Architecture at work, and you are curious how to create certain enterprise architecture products or how to execute certain architecture processes? The resources on this website are your guide that will lead you through the steps on Visual Enterprise Architecture compliant to the Dragon1 open EA Method.
Your Step by Step Tutorial
On every page here you will find a series of steps to take designing very useful architecture products compliant to the Dragon1 open EA Method. The order of the products is the ideal/normal order of products to create compliant to the Dragon1 open EA Method.
We provide you with the following step by step tutorials:
A) Enterprise Architecture - Conceptual Architecture Design
The following products created are all part of the Architecture Designing app, Phase 1:
- How to create a Stakeholder Needs & Requirements Analysis Diagram (Stakeholders' Enterprise Vision)
- How to create an Enterprise Structure Elements & Functions Diagram (Enterprise Structure Vision)
- How to create an Enterprise Architecture Functions, Concepts & Principles Diagram (Enterprise Architecture Vision)
- How to create an ArchiMate Business Functions Diagram?
- How to create a Design Sketch of an Enterprise Total Concept?
B) Enterprise Architecture - Preliminary Architecture Design
The following products created are all part of the Architecture Designing app, Phase 2:
- How to create a Principles Detail drawing of a concept?
- How to create a meta model, user model and an instance model?
- How to create a Process Landscape diagram (with business functions)?
- How to create an Application Landscape diagram (static and dynamic)?
Including domains, information systems, suites, modules, components, objects, interfaces, connections, software and services.
- How to create a technology (services) roadmap
- How to create an AS-IS enterprise architecture blueprint
- How to set up an AS-IS architecture principles document / database
C) Enterprise Architecture Dossiers
The following products created are all part of the Enterprise Architecture Dossier:
- How to set up an EA Baseline
- How to create an AS-IS Enterprise Architecture Framework diagram?
- How to set up a glossary of terms document / database
- How to create an AS-IS Enterprise Architecture (Document)
- How to create an AS-IS Governance Architecture (Document)
- How to create an AS-IS Business Architecture (Document)
- How to create an AS-IS Information Architecture (Document)
- How to create an AS-IS Technical Architecture (Document)
- How to create an AS-IS Security Architecture (Document)
By following these tutorials you will cover processes, products, checklists, document templates and other practical things from the Dragon1 open EA Method.
The intention with the step by step tutorial is that you get interested in designing architecture products. From there you can decide to either follow a training course or create an free Dragon1 account.
If you are interested in architecture designing you might also want to read:
- Terms > Architecture Framework Definition
- Software > Enterprise Architecture Tool
- Software > ArchiMate Tool
- Software > BPM Tool
- Examples > Application Landscape Diagram
- Examples > Process Landscape Diagram
- Examples > IT Landscape Diagram
- Examples > IT Infrastructure Enterprise Blueprint
Do you want to create an Architecture Diagram yourself? These kind of architecture products can be created with Dragon1 PRO.
Purchase your Dragon1 subscription today.
On Dragon1 Free templates are available to be more productive when creating diagrams.