Publish a Visualization
Visualizations in Dragon1 can be shared via publishing. In order to control the number of people capable of seeing the Visualization, Dragon1 uses a mechanism in which the author can specify who is able to see the Visualization. This mechanism is called the 'Publication Status'.
Dragon1 supports five publication statuses:
Typically used for drafts, this is the default status.
Only visible for the user.
Visible for the user and a selected group of people.
Visible for all Dragon1 users.
Visible for everyone in the world.
How to publish a Visualization?
To publish a Visualization, the following steps have to be taken:
- Log in.
- Click the 'Data Dashboard' menu option, under 'Collaboration'.
Use the Data Dashboard to navigate to Visualizations.
- Click the 'Visualizations' tile in the Data Dashboard.
A list view appears, showing the available Visualizations.
Choose the visualization to publish.
- Click on a Visualization that needs to be published.
- Click on 'Edit' button in the button bar on top of the screen.
The Visualization opens for editing.
- Click on the 'Publication Status' drop-down list, and select a publication status (e.g. Public).
- Click on the 'Save' button to save the new publication status.
Set the Publication Status of the Visualization.
- In the left menu bar, click on the 'Viewer'.
The search page of the Viewer appears, showing a grid of tiles containing published Visualizations.
Overview of published Visualizations in the Viewer.