According to Wikipedia:'Collaboration is the process of two or more people or organizations working together to complete a task or achieve a goal.'
Screenshot of the Data Dashboard in the Collaboration application.
One of the pillars of Dragon1 is collaboration, to work anywhere on any place on any device, together with a group of people on a specific task or goal.
On Dragon1, people can, at the same time and together enter data, enrich data, improve data quality, handle the workflow of data status, create models, views and visualizations, add comments, issues and decisions to entity data information.
In the Collaboration Application you can create and manage projects, teams and tasks.
You can also create, enter and manage data lists for over 60 preselected Entity Classes.
For instance, you can create a list of processes, applications and servers. And next, create relationships between them (thus creating models) and next link these models to visualizations with templates.
On the right-hand side of the Data Lists in the Collaboration Application a list of users is shown. By clicking on one of the users you can chat with that person (sending him or her messages).
On this page you will read how easy it is to create a task or chat with a user.
The user's overview module enables you to see details of the users within the account you can collaborate and communicate with.
The profile module enables you to see share certain your details with other users within the account .
Kanban Task Board
The Kanban Task Board modules provides you with the following features:
- Add Task Bar
- Add Task
- Delete Task
- Edit Task
- Archive Task
- Drag Task (from one bar to another)
- Toggle Task Bar view (from tables layout to bar layout to labels layout)
- Filtering of Tasks
Create and Manage Tasks.
In order to create a task:
- Go to the Collaboration menu
- Click on the Tasks (Kanban board) menu item
- Click on Add Task in one the task bars
- Enter the task details
- Click on OK
- Now you see your task added
- Depending on your privileges you can add tasks for other users or add other users to one task. Normally a user can only add a task for himself
How to Chat with Colleagues
A vital part of collaboration is to interact with other users, in an asynchronous way. Chat is a perfect mechanism for that. It is better than email.
Chat with Colleagues.
To chat with a colleague:
- Go to the Collaboration menu
- Click on the Data Dashboard menu item
- Click on a entity class to get the Data List
- Click at the right on an icon of a colleague
- Enter your chat message and press enter
- Now your colleagues will receive a notification in his or her screen you have send a chat message
- Depending on your privileges you can edit and remove chats
How to Create and manage Comments
When entering the Collaboration section, the best place to get a quick overview is the Data Dashboard. Using the Data Dashboard one can drill down at the entity class of interest (e.g. Applications, Processes, Concepts, etc...) and start entering data and creating models.
You can easily invite users to join your account and collaborate.
How to Change the DataStatus in a Workflow
Every entity within Dragon1 has a DataStatus. The DataStatus can be changed in the Entity:
- Click the Edit button in the header of the entity.
- Open the dropdown containing the Data Status and select the desired status.
- Save the Entity.
Change the DataStatus in the entity.