Create a Folder
When working with a repository, it grows over time. Loosing overview can become an issue. Dragon1 offers a partitioning mechanism that can help keeping the overview in the repository.
Dragon1 partitions the repository by using a hierarchy of Cabinets, Dossiers and Folders.
Example of a filled Folder.
At the highest level Dragon1 uses Cabinets for partitioning (see Create a Cabinet). A Cabinet can be compared with an imaginary room containing a large closet with an endless number of drawers. A Dossier can be compared to one of the drawers in the imaginary large closet (see Create a Dossier).
Inside a Dossier, the data you enter is organized by putting it into Folders. A Folder is a logical storage area for all kinds of entities like goals, products, processes, services, principles, diagrams, presentations, models and designs.
Often the name of the type of content items that will be placed in the Folder, is used for the name of a Folder. Sometimes the Folder is given the name of a whole, where the things that are contained in the folder are part of it.
Within Dragon1 there is a best practice on settings up a cabinet, dossier and folder structure.
How to create a Folder?
The steps to create a Folder are:
Create New Folder Dialog.
- Log in.
- Click on Architecture Repository in the left side bar.
The Architecture Repository opens and shows an empty working screen. Showing the button bar for 'Repository'.
- Click on 'Open Cabinet' in the button bar, and select the Cabinet that needs to be opened.
By clicking the Cabinet, the Explorer tree view is populated with the Cabinet loaded.
- To open the Cabinet, click on the name of the Cabinet in the Explorer tree view.
A list of Dossiers appear that are part of the Cabinet.
- Click on the name of the Dossier to which the new Folder has to be added.
A list of Folders appear, that are part of the Dossier.
- Click on 'New Folder' in the button bar.
- In the pop-up dialog, fill the Name and Title field for the new Folder.
- Press the 'OK button'.
- A notification appears, indicating the Folder has been Created.
- In the Explorer tree view, the new Folder is visible inside the Dossier.