Role Based Access Control (RBAC) Security via Publication Status
On the Dragon1 platform we use Role Based Access Control. It means that every entity that is stored in the database is under the control of RBAC.
Unique User Id and Role
Every user has a unique Id, linked to its accounts and to a user role. Often the role is an architect. This role allows you to access functions and data in your database.
You can check your role via the settings. Click on your avatar to view it.
Anyone who creates an entity can set the publication status for that entity (if you have the rights to do so).
The follow states are available:
- Unpublished - If an entity (and cabinet, dossier or folder) has this publication status, the entity is only available, directly via its folder or indirectly via models, etc... for its creator.
- Published Private - The entity is only available for logged-in users having the same role as the creator. They may edit the entity.
- Published Privileged - The entity is only available for logged-in users of the same account. Users can see the entity, but cannot edit the entity.
- Published Public - The entity is only available for logged-in users. Users can see the entity, but cannot edit the entity.
- Published World Wide - The entity is available to anyone, if the account is not LOCKED. Users can see the entity, but cannot edit the entity.