Generate a Visualization
On Dragon1, a user can generate a visualization. This is done by going to the Architecture Repository, choosing to insert visual items on a visualization canvas, set up the visual items so they show a selection of data from a view or model in a certain pattern, size and color.
Follow the steps below to generate your visualization.
The steps for generating a visualization
- Startup the Architecture Repository web application
- Open an Cabinet
- Select a folder in a dossier
- Insert several entities: for instance:
- 3 processes (procurement, production and sales),
- 3 applications (BuyOnline, ProdSys, CRM)
- three servers (SRV1, SRV2, SRV3)
- or import data from a file
- Insert a model: for instance 'My Enterprise Model 2018-2025'
- Create relationships between the entities and link them to the model: read create a model
- Click the Insert Visual Item button on the menubar. Now the New Edit Dialog appears
- Enter at least the name of the visual item and select the visualization to link the visual item to
- Select on the second tab a shape and check the dynamic link
- On the third tab select background and foreground color and the mode
- On the fourth tab set rule for the visual item
- the rule event on 'visualizationload'
- the rule condition on ...
- the rule action on ... color shape orange if the cost of application above 50k else colors green and color process red if no owner else colors green.
- On the fifth tab select a draw pattern and set the rows, cols and interval
- If you go to the Visual Designer web application, open the cabinet and select the visualization and select normal mode, you see a visualization with visual items interpreted for the linked data.
Application Screenshots of the Dragon1 software to show the steps
Figure 1. - Screenshot of the Architecture Repository web application with the 'Insert Visualization'- menu selected.
Figure 2. - Screenshot of the New/Edit Dialog for visualizations after clicking on the 'Insert Visualization' menu item on the main menubar.
Figure 3. - Screenshot of Style tab with colors and size setup.
Figure 4. - Screenshot of Visual Designer with created visualization canvas selected.