Dragon1 supports to create a dashboard consisting of widgets called indicators.
Example Dashboard visualization.
Example Dashboard File
Download the example file and upload it to the Dragon1 Viewerdragon1-dashboard-example.xlsx
How to Create a Dashboard
In order to create a dashboard, the following steps need to be taken:
- Create an atlas
- Create a visualization
- Create a model
- Link data (from the repository or in the Excel Sheet) to the model.
- Create indicators (the widgets of the dashboard)
- Link the indicators to the model and/or visualization
An indicator needs to have a rule and template configured.
You can place the rule in the ActionScript field.
Some indicators have more than one place where a number or figure can be placed.
Examples of rules are:
- A=Count(Server, tags, outdated) - This will count the servers that are tagged outdated. The number will be put in the A place of the widget
- A=Count(Server, tags, outdated);B=CountDates(Server, tags, outdated, 1 feb 2010, 1 mar 2022) - The results of the rules will be put in the A and B place of the widget.
The date format to use always is dd mmm yyyy.
As date also today and last year can be used.
Examples of indicator templates are:
The layout of the indicators can be configured for the following attributes:
- panel: rectangle or rounded rectangle
- background color
- text color
- font family
- font style
In the workplace, you will have a tasklist for creating a dashboard visualization with indicators.
On a visualization, it is also possible to place an indicator bar.
An indicator bar is a set of indicators.
You can position that bar anywhere on the visualization at an absolute position (x,y) or predefined position (left-top, right-bottom, etc...)