Flexible Data Dashboard
Data Dashboard as Search Engine
The Data Dashboard is one of the latest additions on Dragon1 and already it has proven to be an invaluable tool. Instead of having to dig through cabinets, dossiers and folders in order to find an item, the Data Dashboard allows the user to get to a entity data list by a single click.
The Data Dashboard provides with you over 60 out of the box entity classes you can enter data or lookup data for.
The color of an entity class box in the dashboard will change depending on the number of items in the data list for that entity class.
Populated Data Dashboard.
However the Data Dashboard can be intimidating when opened for the first few times, due to a large number of tiles, counters and colors. This topic will show how to work with the Data Dashboard effectively.
How to open the Data Dashboard?
This topic requires having the Data Dashboard opened. In order to open the Data Dashboard, follow the steps below:
- Log in.
- Click 'Collaboration' on the left side menu.
- Click 'Data Dashboard' to open the Data Dashboard.
How to use grouping?
With the Data Dashboard opened, grouping can be turned on and off by following the next steps:
Using Grouping in the Data Dashboard.
- On the top button bar, click 'Groups'. The tiles in the Data Dashboard will be grouped by subject (Governance, Strategy, Business, Architecture, Data and Applications, IT Infrastructure).
- Click 'Groups' to toggle the grouping off.
How to filter by subject?
With the Data Dashboard opened, the items (tiles) can be filtered by following the next steps:
Using Subject filtering in the Data Dashboard.
- Ensure grouping is turned on.
- On the top button bar, click "Governance" to toggle off the Governance subject.
- Click 'Business' to toggle off the Business subject.
- Click 'Architecture' to toggle off the Architecture subject.
- Click 'Data and Applications' to toggle off the Architecture subject.
How to search a specific item type?
With the Data Dashboard opened, tiles can be found by following the next steps:
Using Search in the Data Dashboard.
- Type a few characters in the search box in the top button bar (e.g. rel). The system will display all items that contain the typed in character sequence.
- Clear the search box in the top button bar to show all tiles.
Tip: Revert to normal
When done filtering, grouping and/or searching, and you want to revert to the view in which all tiles are shown, click on "Collaboration" in the left side menu, then on "Data Dashboard" to force a reload of the page.
Work in progress
The Dragon1 team has fallen in love with the Data Dashboard, as we believe this is the way users want to work with Entities, Relationships, Models and Visualizations.
The functionality of the Data Dashboard will be extended in the next months to make it easier to work with and more powerful than ever.
- The Administrator trimmed down a set of tiles per audience.
- Autosave of the last view.
- Reset to defaults.
- Filtering based on tags.